The Solgari Support team will send you an email with specific instructions on how to download and set up the mobile app.
The set up is simple - you download the application and enter your username and password. After that, the app will automatically configure itself to register with your extension.
Make sure to allow the app all the permissions it is asking for to make sure the app can operate normally.
Using the app
With the Solgari app, you will be able to use your extension anywhere, provided the internet connection the phone/pad is using allows the service and is sufficient in bandwidth. You will be able take, make and transfer calls just as with your desk phone or computer softphone.
See below an overview of the main screen functionalities.
1. Start call - simply dial the phone number you wish to call and press the green call button to initialize the call.
2. Voicemail - you can use to quickly access your Solgari voicemail
3. Contact list - You can also use your phone's contact list to place calls
4. Call history - to view your placed, received and missed calls
5. Settings - Settings menu (used for logging out of the service and disabling the push registration, see the section on taking calls).
When on a call...
You have will have the following options during a call
The app uses push technology (for Android, iOS push support is coming in the next app update).
This means that you will keep receiving extension calls even if you exit (swipe close) the application, or leave have it running in the background.
This is to enable receiving calls without keeping the application open in the background which will drain the device battery quicker.
If you want to stop receiving these calls to your extension,
(push support coming, for now just swipe close the app)
The option to log out will appear after tapping the button on any page (upper right hand corner)
Log back in when you want to start receiving calls again.
- When on a call, tap MORE, then TRANSFER. This will take you to the main screen.
- Dial in the number you wish to transfer to, or navigate to CONTACTS select a contact from the list.The transfer will be completed immediately.
Attended Transfer (aka warm transfer)
- While on a call, select ADD CALL
- Dial the number you will be transferring the call to (or choose it from the contacts) - the first call will be put on hold when you launch the second
- Once you have spoken with the 2nd person and wish to transfer the 1st call to them, select MORE and "Transfer to". This will connect the 1st and 2nd calls and you will be dropped out.
Ad-Hoc Conference Call
If you wish to connect three parties into a conference call:
- dial the 1st person and after they answer, choose ADD CALL and dial the second person (first one will be put on hold for a moment)
- Once the second person picks up, you can merge these 3 parties (yourself, 1st person, 2nd person) by tapping MERGE on the phone screen.